Our latest DSM-5 course (launched June 2013) offers an extensive overview of changes in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), which was released in May 2013.
- Background on the development of the DSM-5
- An explanation of how the DSM-5 is organized
- Revisions to several diagnoses from the DSM-IV
- Information about new diagnoses in the DSM-5
- Information about insurance coding and billing under DSM-5
- A description of the new Cultural Formulation Interview
- Controversies surrounding the DSM-5
The course is taught by Rachel Michaelsen, LCSW, one of the APA’s Collaborating Investigators for the DSM-5, who has more than 20 years’ experience in the mental health field. The lecture is pre-recorded (narrated PowerPoint video presentation), so you may take the course at your convenience and your own pace. In addition, you will receive our 28-page set of handouts including a “cheat-sheet” listing diagnoses in the DSM-5 with the corresponding DSM-IV disorders. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be provided a certificate for downloading.
To take the DSM-5 course, select your preferred version (opens new windows):
Enrollees in this pre-publication course will receive several bonuses:
- A discount on in-depth DSM-5 courses to be offered after the release of the DSM-5
- Discounts on other courses in mental health topics, many with CEU credits
In coming months we will add several more high-quality, engaging online courses to meet the continuing-education needs of mental health providers in California and elsewhere. To be notified as courses become available, visit our contact page.
*This course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hours of continuing-education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and LCSWs practicing in California as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider Name: Psychology Training and Education (PSYTE). Provider Number: PCE 5291.
Refund policy: Sorry, no refunds.
This course is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the American Psychiatric Association (APA). DSM®, DSM 5®, and several variants thereof are registered trademarks of the APA. For more information, visit dsm5.org.